Applying For Scholarship
We intend to award scholarships to good students who have shown a strong desire to attend college. Service to the school and/or the community are factors that will be considered, as well as the availability of financial assistance from your family.
- Cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 3.75 (includes freshman year).
- One teacher recommendation in a sealed envelope.
- One recommendation from a community member who is not a relative. Please ask this individual to discuss your participation in a school or community program, as a volunteer, or on the job.
- A one-page essay about your school activity, community program or job. Tell us how you have contributed to your school or community through paid employment or as a volunteer. What have you learned from your personal involvement? Have your experiences inspired or changed your personal or career goals?
- Family needs based on family income. Please provide a copy of last years FAFSA form, or page one of your parents’ last year’s tax return.
- US Citizenship. Please attach a copy of your voter registration card, birth certificate, or other proof of citizenship.
The following documents must be turned in for your application to be considered complete:
- Your essay, with your name typed or written in the upper right hand corner.
- Teacher recommendation, in a sealed envelope.
- Community recommendation
- Proof of citizenship
- Copy of FAFSA or most recent tax return
- Official transcript from registrar
Please turn in your completed applications to our faculty sponsor located at the Ygnacio Valley High School Career Counselling Office.